The Shop

A Place Where You Will Find Loveryly Gifts and a Few Personal Opinions

Friday, October 2, 2015

Changes~~Life is Full of Them~~Silk Scarves

October 2,2015

Time has past with such speed since I last posted, and many changes have occurred.
My grand-daughter was married last July. The wedding was beautiful,because she is beautiful.

Then very sadly, my son Eddie,Edward, who was living in Austria had passed away.I had not seen him in many years. But we did have the opportunity to talk via Skype for the last 3 years.   

As if life refused to come to a peaceful, healing rest, the youngest son whom I've lived with since 2007, accepted a new place of employment that took us all the way from Warren, Ohio to Colchester, CT. But the move did not take place in one giant leap. The house in Warren sold in two days, and we had 30 days to move out.
   My son came to CT. to begin his new position, my daughter-in-law followed shortly after and they moved in with my son's in-laws. I moved in with my oldest daughter in Hiram, OH.

In the meanwhile, I had supervised all the packing of my paintings that would be moved and kept in storage till my son and daughter-in-law found another house in CT.
My beloved silk scarves I decided to take with me to Hiram. OH. And I am glad I did, because while biding my time there, I sold a silk scarf!!

Leo The Lion~~

My son and wife finally found a lovely home in Colchester, CT.  They came to get me, the end of June. The place is quite large. I have all my silk dyes, along with the wooden frames I use to hook the blank silk scarves to, and dye.












Then I sold the lovely yellow hand designed panda  silk scarf after I arrived in CT.

I have not created any new hand designed silk scarves. I guess I am still settling into my new place. However, I am working  on a painting of hummingbird mother and her brand new brood.

Also, in between the changes in my life, I received the news the other day, that my Marine grandson, Zack-man(my endearing name for him) has been promoted to Corporal. 
 I often think of some of the words from this song taken from
" Fiddler on The Roof" 
"... Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze..."



Blessed be,
Klaire/mysticsilks 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MysticSilks?ref=si_shop

No comments:

Post a Comment