The Shop

A Place Where You Will Find Loveryly Gifts and a Few Personal Opinions

Monday, April 5, 2010

Mountain's Majesty ~ On Front Page of Etsy!! Original Painting, Fine Art,


"Mountain's Majesty"
If you look way at the top of my blog page, you'll see a copy of the Front Page treasury on Etsy.com on Saturday, April 3rd.
Someone alerted me that my painting, the one you see to the left of this page.
I did a hurried click and lo and behold there it was!!
I was thrilled , because to land on etsy's front page, is a rarity indeed.
The view count increases, and so did the number of hearts on this painting.
Now, here's an interesting tidbit of news on this work of art.
I created this painting approximately four years ago. I wasn't thrilled with it, and in fact placed it in a storage drawer, where it stayed until two years ago.
Then someone looked at it , and asked me why the silk painting was not mounted, and that it was beautiful!
I guess that day I looked at it in a new light. Soon I mounted it, framed it, and put it up for sale on etsy.com.
And then, and then it was picked to be in a treasury byhttp://www.etsy.com/shop/TheSilverDog, then it was chosen by etsy admins to be on the front page!!
So from the obscurity of a storage drawer, to the lime light of the etsy front page!
Come see the rest of my silks and art work on http://mysticsilks.etsy.com/
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment