The Shop

A Place Where You Will Find Loveryly Gifts and a Few Personal Opinions

Friday, October 30, 2009

Ghost Stories Anyone? By MysticSilks



It's almost Halloween, and my favorite talk radio station, WNIR, Akron, Ohio, is inviting callers to call in with ghost stories or strange things that have to do with the afterlife in honor of Halloween.

Well, I could almost write a book about those kinds of happenings.

I remember when my mother, who lived in Michigan, was diagnosed with CA---and we were talking about life after death--I asked her to make a pact with me, that whoever should go first( I mean, I could walk out the door and get hit in the can too, you know) would contact or signal the other--just to let them know that life did go on in some form or another--;)

She asked, " What kind of signal ?" ,she asked.

" Well, I went on, " I think the spirit of a person is made up of electrical energy. So send me something in the sequence of 3--using electrical outlets."

" Why 3 ?" she inquired.

" Because the words I Love You is 3 words. " And if something should happen electrically 3 times , I'll know it's you."

Well, a year later she had surgery for the CA, except the doctors nicked her colon while they were operating. As a result, the e-coli escaped into her system and she died from sepsis. About 3 weeks later I am doing laundry in the basement.

The light is on above the stationary tub, and I'm bending over putting clothes from the washer into the dryer, when all of a sudden the light goes off then on--At first I didn't pay attention--I reached for another arm load of laundry, and the light goes off and on again---this time I stood still and waited--again the light turned off and on.

I waited. Nothing more--no more on and off with the bulb. I thought , well maybe the bulb was loose, so I reached up to tightened it--but it was as tight as could be.

I believe it was Mom , doing our signalling, as we promised to do, the year before.

http://mysticsilks.etsy.com

1 comment:

  1. That is a wonderful story, Klaire.
    Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete