The Shop

A Place Where You Will Find Loveryly Gifts and a Few Personal Opinions

Monday, November 22, 2010

Family---By MysticSilks







You see that face in the middle of those two great looking women? Well, that middle face is my son: Just recently daubed , " The Wizard Of Warren" He's a terrific guy! Not saying that because he's my son, but because he is filled with honor and integrity in all he is and does. I have 4 children, and I am proud of and love each one. But this one the youngest has added much fun and laughter to my life. I had more time to spend with him when he was a baby---the other children came so quickly, that at one time I thought I was taking care of triplets.But , Bill was the last of the 4 so there was more time with him.


In 2006 I moved in with him and his lovely wife Theresa. My back had made it impossibile for me to handle a 20 some acre piece of property. So Bill and TJ added a large room with full bath onto their home. They also set up a studio for me to continue my silk art work.


Tj and I had finished wrapping and steaming 10 new silk scarves.I posted photos of them on my Facebook page. And later in the day when I was reading the very nice comments folks had left about the scarves, I saw Bill's.


"Hey', he says in his comment, "I know where you can get some of these(scarves) real cheap."


I saw that and my jaw dropped open. Rather then get upset, I decide to come back with some humor of my own. So in the comment box under his posted comment I said, " Pay no attention to that man behind the green curtain(remember that scene in the "Wizard of Oz", where Dorothy , Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, and Straw Scarecrow, are approaching the huge screen with the Wizard on it, and ToTo runs behind the green curtain exposing the Wizard? He says, "pay no attention to that man behind the green curtain.."


I went on," he thinks he's the Wizard of Warren."


We all got a great laugh from that.




He are some more photos of the new silk scarves: View at the top.
Thank you
MysticSilks

3 comments: